PGA Aluminium – Johannesburg North’ is a manufacturer, trade supplier and installer of Aluminium Products. A product range that has fast been growing in popularity is our Security mesh Products. The range is offered as standalone security products or as an integrated solution alongside a glazed product. Some of the features:
- The mesh products serve a variety of purposes including:
- as a security barrier for human intrusion, (view our hammer blow test on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11gJNJ3_zFY )
- a barrier for vermin entry (product is often referred to as ‘baboon mesh’)
- as an insect screen
- as an alternative screen or barrier to a solid or glazed door or window.
- Popular applications are where openings need to stay open but secure overnight for ventilation or as a second security barrier behind glass.
- The mesh itself is made of grade 316SS stainless steel, 0.7mm wire with aperture of 1.8mm. (see sample picture above)
- The mesh can be powdercoated to suit the aluminium frame. Standard colours are Natural/Silver, Black and White.
- The mesh is securely fitted into our aluminium frames and will withstand a significant assault from tools such as knives, Sharp objects like screwdrivers or 4 pound hammer.
- Configurations include:
- The screens can be offered as standalone products with the glass typically replaced by mesh
- The screen can be fitted as an extra panel on a sliding door or window on an extra track, integrated into the same frame, as opposed to a separate “bolt on” product.
- The screen is fitted into it’s own aluminium frame and installed back to back with a glazed product. This is typical for hinge doors, stacking doors and/or opening out casement windows.
- Please find below picture and design of a typical “Palace Sliding Door with integrated security mesh Panel”
- We have experience in exporting these products into Africa where the application is especially popular in tourist lodges.
- Please contact us for other typical drawings or a quote.
Typical Technical Drawing…